Monday, November 12, 2007

Myspace Contest Update

Well. It's not looking good, but here are the stats this morning.

101 Votes 63 Percent.

I saw this morning that the efforts of QtheC and the Red Army brought about some negative whiplash among the myspace crowd. I had a few emails from folks telling me to step in and handle it over the weekend, but I didn't. I'm taking a hands off approach to this situation. On one hand, a really good arguement could be made for why I should have.... However, Clara's video is In Game (even though I've been promoting it OOG. Good point), and I wanted to let it ride.

My personal viewpoint on this is that the efforts of "operationstoryteller" could have used some revising. However, in my experience, the community always has its back, and this time was no different. It didn't take long before constructive criticism was offered, and the weaker parts of the plan were edited. It's tough that it is having some negative spin amongst the myspace community, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm not worried about it. Not at all. I think it's great that the community wants to promote Redearth88, and even missteps are still steps! Don't lose heart. Maddison Atkins (the story) isn't broken forever. It will be fine. Besides, we still have a few days for voting.

QtheC. Thanks for your effort here! Acid.... Thanks for your skills... I don't know who else helped out, but thanks to you too. Sorry to LG15 Today and model motion. I hated to see your name get pulled into this.

J

No comments: